BECOMING DISCIPLES FOR CHRIST
Weekly Adult Bible Fellowship (ABF) classes, an extension of ORBC adult ministry, provide the opportunity for believers to dig deeper into God’s word together to equip you to become developing, mature disciples for Jesus Christ.
Adults of similar ages, interests, and/or family dynamics meet for interactive Bible studies and connect for fellowship and ministry. Whether you are single, married, young, or a senior adult – ORBC has classes for every stage of life.
Explore our different class offerings below.
THE THINGS WHICH YOU HAVE HEARD FROM ME IN THE PRESENCE OF MANY WITNESSES, ENTRUST THESE TO FAITHFUL MEN WHO WILL BE ABLE TO TEACH OTHERS ALSO.
2 TIMOTHY 2:2 (NASB95)
ABF Class Schedule
|ABF I 8:15am - 9:15am||Curriculum||Room|
|Mature Adult 1||Life Studies For Adults||Choir Room|
|Mature Adult II||Gospel Project||Parlor|
|Mature Adult III||Explore the Bible||A109
|Mature Adult Ladies||Gospel Project||A108|
|ABF II 9:30am - 10:15am||Curriculum||Room|
|Young Professionals||Life Studies 4 Y.A.||A110|
|Young Married Couples||Life Studies 4 Y.A.||C213|
|Adult I||Life Studies for Adults||Choir Room|
|Adult II||Explore the Bible||B102|
|Adult III||Gospel Project||A109|
|Mature Adult IV||Explore the Bible||Parlor|
|Women of All Seasons||Explore the Bible||B103|
|ABF III 11:00am - 12:15pm||Curriculum||Room|
|Young Adult I||Gospel Project||Parlor|
|Young Adult II||Gospel Project||Choir Room|
|Adult IV||Gospel Project||A110|
|Adult V||Life Studies for Adults||A108|
|Adult VI||Explore the Bible||A109|
|Mature Adult V||Topical||Student Worship Center|
Explore the Bible
For every Christian, a deep knowledge of the Word helps make the difference between a shallow faith and a life of trust and obedience. This intimacy with the Word develops as we dedicate our lives to reading and studying it personally, in community with others, and regularly examining how it should impact us every day.
Balanced study plan :
- Includes three-year study cycle that includes all 66 books
- Systematic Book-by-Book study of the Bible that encourages participants to let the Word dwell in them, equipping participants to study the text in its context while challenging them to live out in their context
The Gospel Project
The Bible is not a collection of stories. It is one story of God’s plan to rescue His people from sin and death. It is the story of redemption, the gospel message of Jesus Christ. And it’s our story, too.
- Christ-centered Study – Scripture (Genesis to Revelation) gives testimony to Jesus Christ
- Chronological Study Plan – unified story of God’s story of redemption
- Age Alignment with ORBC Children’s ministry
- Missional Application – encourages to be mission-driven
- Essential Doctrines
Bible Studies for Life (Young Adult, Adult)
In chapter 4 of John’s gospel, Jesus encountered a lonely, outcast woman at a well. Through a series of questions, Jesus connected with her right where she was, and helped her see how He was the answer to her greatest need. That brief conversation inevitably resulted in a life, and even a community, redirected in pursuit of Him. People need Jesus to meet them right where they are. They need to see how the Bible meets their lives and they need a community of Christ followers surrounding them.
- Helps people understand how to apply the Bible to everyday life (families, careers, and life struggles)
- Where the Bible meets Life:
- Connect the Unconnected
- Strengthen Families (aligned with ORBC Student ministry)
- Disciple people with wisdom
- “Hope and Courage in Times of Trouble – The Importance of Hope” (1 & 2 Peter, and Jude)
- No student quarterly